2017 Annual Meeting: May 7-10
Sheraton Kona at Keauhou Bay
Join us May 7-10!
Registration for the 2017 AAGIWA Annual Meeting is underway! AAGIWA will celebrate its 69th Annual Meeting on the Big Island of Hawaii at the Sheraton Kona at Keauhou Bay. The Big Island is the heart of Hawaii's breadbasket. They grow and process the bulk of the state's agricultural products. The Annual Meeting will focus on and address important industry issues in grain inspection.
*Early bird rates start at $385 for members. Spouses and guests are only $200. Your registration includes a welcome reception, general meeting sessions, Big Island Ag Tour, Sheraton Kona Haleo Luau, and the Annual Reception & Banquet.
AAGIWA has negotiated a discounted room rate at the Sheraton Kona, available on a first come, first serve basis, for $175/night + tax. All rooms are upgraded ocean view and ocean front rooms, and rooms reserved through AAGIWA will have the resort charge waived (value of $25/night) with full access to amenities, including self-parking (additional value of $15/night).
>>>Please make your reservations using the link below, or call 1-844-235-6796 and ask for the AAGIWA 2017 Annual Conference Group.
Hotel: Sheraton Kona at Keauhou Bay | 78-128 Ehukai Street | Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 | Reservations: $175/night
Sunday, May 7
- Board Meeting
- Welcome Reception
Monday, May 8
- Breakfast & Presentations
- Big Island Ag Tour
- Sheraton Kona Haleo Luau
Tuesday, May 9
- Business Session
- Industry Presentations
- Reception & Banquet
Wednesday, May 10
- Board Meeting
- Scott Enright, Chairperson, Hawaii Department of Agriculture (invited)
- Tom Tunnell, President & CEO, Kansas Grain Inspection Association
- Patti Miller, Chief Commissioner, Canadian Grain Commission
- Kirby Kester, President Emeritus, Hawaii Crop Improvement Association and Research & Development Leader - Seeds and Traits, Dow AgroSciences
- Roger Fray, Chief Commodity Marketing Officer, Landus Cooperative
- Federal Grain Inspection Service, GIPSA, USDA
Big Island Ag Tour:
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority - Custom tour of NELHA at Hawaii's Ocean Science and Technology Park, where they grow sustainable industries using "sunshine, seawater and ingenuity." The tour will include an overview of the park and current projects, tour of the Kampachi Farms and OTEC (Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion).
- Greenwell Coffee Farm - Custom tour with specialized content that will include Cherry Quality Inspection at Wet Mill, Hawaii coffee green bean grading standards and Certification by Hawaii Department of Agriculture.
Sheraton Kona Vacation Services
Vacation Services Coordinators at Sheraton Kona are the “go-to” resource when planning your stay on Hawaii Island. They will share their knowledge of the best places to visit, local restaurants to try and unique cultural experiences not to be missed.
AAGIWA is pleased to announce sponsorship opportunities for the 2017 Annual Meeting. This is an excellent opportunity to gain visibility for your company while also supporting AAGIWA. Help us make this meeting a success while enhancing your company's corporate image! Tables for vendor displays will again be available at the Annual Meeting. The full exhibitor information packet is available for download here.
Thank you to our meeting sponsors:
ADAMSNET | CHAMPAIGN-DANVILLE GRAIN INSPECTION | CHARM SCIENCES | ENVIROLOGIX | FOSS
KANSAS GRAIN INSPECTION | NORTH DAKOTA GRAIN INSPECTION | PERTEN INSTRUMENTS